[elephant-devel] Master-detail how to

Vagif Verdi vagif at cox.net
Sun Apr 6 00:38:25 UTC 2008

I read all tutorials and examples, and master-detail relationship is not
covered anywhere.
How do you guys do it? What is the idiomatic "oodb" way of doing
master-detail?
Let's say we have orders and orders may have several items in them.
Obviously class order must be persistent. But what about class order-item?
Should it be persistent too?
Or is it just a normal class that you save into list in persistent slot
items of class order?

Next question. How do you search orders that have say particular item?
Do you create a computed index on order class? Or do you make item class
persistent and mark its name as indexed?

Regards,
Vagif