[elephant-devel] Multi user client-server performance

Vagif Verdi vagif at cox.net
Sat Apr 5 04:09:48 UTC 2008

> This is an issue on Allegro since it cannot thread and call foreign
> code at the same time.  I do not believe that SBCL suffers from this
> particular limitation - presuming the C code is thread safe which BDB
> is.

> Ian

Interesting.
I'm using sbcl, so it is good to know that elephant with Berkeley db does
not have such problems.
But is is surprising to know that such a well established and mature lisp
implementation as Allegro, cannot thread properly, while much younger and
not so mature sbcl works better than expensive commercial solutions.

Anyway, I would like to hear the accounts of real life usage of elephant in
multi-user environment.

Regards,
Vagif Verdi.