[elephant-devel] Garbage collection problem

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Tue Sep 25 22:59:43 UTC 2007

How about just giving us a profile of memory usage?  I don't know
what Lisp your are using, but Allegro, for example, has a (prof:with-
profiling (:type :space) ...) that gives you a breakdown of memory
allocation by function.  This would be very helpful.

While a great deal of attention has been paid to efficiency, Some
operations on some lisps may be consing (bignum processing) and none
of us have gone through the system to ensure we've caught all those
cases.

A likely candidate is the serializer, but I'm sure there could be
other corner cases.

Ian