[elephant-devel] Severely poor performance in some obvious cases

Alain Picard Alain.Picard at memetrics.com
Fri Nov 30 03:40:59 UTC 2007

"Henrik Hjelte" <henrik at evahjelte.com> writes:

> We have recently discovered some performance (and possibly other)
> problems, you might even call them bugs, with both map-index and the
> current implementation of cursors in the postmodern backend. Alex
> Mizrahi will reimplement things in a new way with the eye for
> performance, this work will probably be finished in some days.

Thank you.  I'll be more than happy to test any reimplementation
and comment on my findings.  As each user tries to solve a slightly
different problem, they tend to exercise the performance space
in different directions, which I guess is probably a good thing.

I really like the design of elephant, and I'm confident you guys
will be able to iron out these issues as they get pointed out.

                         --AP