[elephant-devel] ECOOP 2007

Pierre THIERRY nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
Fri May 25 18:39:17 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I mentioned the Lisp workshop in ECOOP 2007, and my intention to try and
write a paper for it. Sadly, I did find time to do so before the may 13
deadline. I was very disappointed, so when they extended the deadline to
may 31, I took my bibliography and began to write.

I will co-author the paper with my brother, a Ph.D. student in
Strasbourg[1], but I think I'll need, if not help, at least your input
about the future plans of Elephant (about MOP semantics and features
that make Elephant closer to an OODB).

[1] https://dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr/~thierry/

I've setup a Mercurial repository for my paper[2].

[2] http://arcanes.fr.eu.org/~pierre/2007/05/ecoop/

Here is the current abstract:

  The data model of an application, the nature and format of data stored
  accross executions of the application, is typically a very rigid part
  of its early specification, even when prototyping, and changing it
  after code has been written that rely on it can prove quite expensive
  and error-prone.

  A MOP-based persistence library can bring to the data model the
  dynamic nature that Lisp shows with respect to code and data stored in
  a running Lisp image. This enables to extend the easy prototyping way
  of development to the storage of data.

Lately,
Pierre
nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org