[elephant-devel] 0.60 tarball missing

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Fri Mar 30 12:50:24 UTC 2007

I tend to agree with Henrik for my own part.  Despite the maturity of
some of the lisp libraries, I have found myself needing to patch or
tweak many of them at one point or another.  Moreoever, if you asdf-
install a version, find a problem, report it, then you can't receive
a fix until another asdf-install version is released.

Our release cycle, at least, is quite long.  It is very inconvenient
then to post patches that have to be manually applied.

I just took a peek at Mercurial - it's basically Darcs written in
Python although with some C extensions.  Not sure I like adding yet
another source control to the Lisp ecosystem (CVS, SVN, Darcs, etc).
An ideal solution would be cl-darcs, but it's not quite mature enough
yet nor are there people other than the author using/supporting it.

I'm tempted to just use SVN for the next while, until there is a
proper cross-platform, distributed source control available (perhaps
when Darcs works better on Windows).

Ian