[elephant-devel] 0.60 tarball missing

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Fri Mar 30 02:46:31 UTC 2007

Nevermind.

Now that it's installed on your system, just call (asdf:operate
'asdf:load-op :elephant) or (require 'elephant) and it should load up
(if you've followed the instructions in elephant/INSTALL regarding
BDB or CL-SQL).

The problem is asdf-install invoking a default behavior that does the
wrong thing with elephant.  I guess no one has tried to load elephant
0.6.0 via asdf-install before.

And actually it really doesn't make much sense to bother loading the
asdf file after the install since it won't work until you've read
INSTALL and properly setup the external dependencies...sigh.

The problem is that asdf-install symlinks and loads all .asd files in
the root directory after the install.  Since we use subsidiary .asd
files, this behavior doesn't work out very well.

I think in the next release we could fix this by merging all the .asd
files into one big one, but then I think you can't call load-op on
ele-bdb, ele-clsql or ele-acache, etc.  Does anyone know off the top
of their head how CL-SQL manages this?  I can look into it later if
no one knows the answer without looking into it.

Anyway, I'm open for suggestions.

Thanks,
Ian