[elephant-devel] windows + postgres-socket

Robert L. Read read at robertlread.net
Wed Mar 7 04:06:23 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 02:23 +0100, Frank Schorr wrote:

> (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :elephant)
> (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :ele-clsql)
> (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :clsql-postgresql-socket)
> (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :elephant-tests)
> (ele-tests::do-backend-tests '(:clsql (:postgresql-socket "localhost"
> "clsql-tests" "postgres" "$postgres%")))

I suspect that if you "dropdb" and re-"createdb" your test database, you
will be green.  I know that is not helpful if you have data that you
have to preserve.  I have successfully upgraded the complex database
that backs my company: http://konsenti.com using the latest version of
Elephant, but Ian suggests that this not be tried until he formally
announces the Beta test.

Ian and are are committed to successful upgrade processes; starting one
major release ago we began promising that anyone who build a database
with Elephant would be able to upgrade as we upgrade versions.  However,
this process is inherently a little rougher and harder to test than a
clean test.

Let me know if your system passes the tests when you start from a clean
DB.  If it doesn't, I will re-study the issue somehow.

I don't believe the BDB tests interfere at all with the SQL tests; I
habitually do both and have never had a problem like that.