[elephant-devel] No reply from Oracle about the BDB issue...

Robert L. Read read at robertlread.net
Fri Jun 15 15:43:30 UTC 2007

I have not received an reply from Oracle to my email message asking
about the
legal interpretation of the current BDB license.

Although I am in no position to give anyone legal advice, for my own
for-profit company
I will not be afraid to switch from Postgres to BDB if performance
demands lead me to
do so.  I don't think hosting a commercial website counts as
"redistribution" in this case.

----
Robert L. Read, PhD                                     read &T
robertlread.net
In Austin: 912-8593                                        "Think
globally, Act locally." -- RBF
Visit: http://konsenti.com, a system for building consensus