[elephant-devel] db-postmodern update - Integrated!

Henrik Hjelte henrik at evahjelte.com
Mon Jul 23 21:00:46 UTC 2007

On 7/23/07, Mac Chan <emailmac at gmail.com> wrote:
> FYI, here's another data point.
>
> I got the latest source from darcs and ran the test on fedora fc6 +
> lispworks 32bit 5.0.2
>
> All tests passed but there were some warning (I've seen similar
> warnings from the dbd backend).
>
> However, the test took almost one hour to finish, is that normal?

No. I haven't tried it with lispworks but these are my timings just
now when running in sbcl on linux in a vmware image on a recent
macbook:
;;(time (do-backend-tests))
;; 61 secs for bdb
;; 114-122 secs for postmodern
;; 227 seconds for clsql
One thing that might slow things down is if you are running on an old
database. You might have to drop the testdatabase and rebuild it,
since the indexes have changed quite recently. If the problem
persists, can you give some more details: does it stall on a certain
test? Anything else you can think off?

Thanks, Henrik