[elephant-devel] db-postmodern update - Integrated!

Pierre THIERRY nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
Thu Jul 5 11:58:36 UTC 2007

Scribit Robert L. Read dies 04/07/2007 hora 17:49:
> The Postmodern backend is not quite twice as fast on our testsuite as
> the CL-SQL backend.

Great. I found the CL-SQL backend with PostgreSQL a bit slow for my
specific use case. Do you know why and how this backend is so much
faster?

> Postmodern defines "db-error" incompatibly with the BDB backend, so I
> renamed the BDB symbol from db-error to bdb-db-error.

Was there any value in having the same condition for all backends? If
yes, will it be a goal to "fix" this divergence?

Curiously,
Pierre
nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
OpenPGP 0xD9D50D8A