[elephant-devel] cvs vs svn vs darcs

Henrik Hjelte henrik at evahjelte.com
Mon Jan 22 20:50:46 UTC 2007

For those of us that don't know cvs and don't want to learn svn,
here is a way I use to convert elephant cvs to darcs.
I don't want to start a flamewar, but is there a reason to switch to
subversion rather than darcs?

There is a way to run Trac with darcs, which I believe is already set up
on common-lisp.net: http://progetti.arstecnica.it/trac+darcs

Now I'll start testing the new code, hope I can help with some issues.

/Henrik Hjelte

Get the tailor python script here:
darcs get http://darcs.arstecnica.it/tailor/

Make a file elephant-cvs-darcs.tailor like below, and
run:
tailor elephant-cvs-darcs.tailor
Just run it again to get the latest cvs changes.

# For syncing cvs elephant to local darcs
[DEFAULT]
verbose = True

[project]
target = darcs:target