[elephant-devel] Testresult and patches for sbcl amd64

Henrik Hjelte henrik at evahjelte.com
Mon Feb 5 19:33:05 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 14:04 -0500, Ian Eslick wrote:
> Sounds like we're getting into much better shape, thank you!  I'll
> look over and integrate these.
>
> What was the problem with %BIGNUM-REF for SBCL.  It was in there
> originally to avoid the consing that SBCL/CMU does with ldb.
I don't know what BIGNUM-REF actually is meant to do, but it returned
the whole bignum it seems, or maybe it was a 64 bit integer. Anyway it
was not a 32bit value, which was expected by buffer-write-uint.
I did a quick check for consing, and I don't think it is a problem
anymore, at least not on sbcl.

/Henrik

(time (dotimes (i 100000000)(dotimes (x 3) (ldb (byte 32 (* 32 x)) i))))

Evaluation took:
  1.321 seconds of real time
  1.256079 seconds of user run time
  0.024001 seconds of system run time