[elephant-devel] Re: patch: update db-bdb to Berkeley DB 4.6

Anton Kazennikov kazennikov.nntp at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 17:29:34 UTC 2007

Ian Eslick <eslick at csail.mit.edu> writes:

> Great, thank you for the patches!  The update from BDB 4.x to 4.(x+1)
> have all had this constant problem.  At some point we should figure  out
> how to generate the lisp code that matches this file so we don't  have
> to do this again and can link against any version...
Hmm.. I think that I have an idea how to do this, it isn't quite mine, but
from cl-berkeley-db: to use swig. Although, it has only cffi output, it might
work well do generate constants definitions.

> But for now we'll release this patch in contrib so people using the
> development branch can run 4.5 (default) or 4.6 via the patch.
That's right - I haven't test it extensively, I think it would work well as
is, but bugs are subtle things :-)

--
With best regards,
Anton Kazennikov.  mailto:kazennikov[at]gmail.com ICQ# 98965967