[elephant-devel] Re: Some performance optimizations

Alex Mizrahi killerstorm at newmail.ru
Sun Dec 16 10:04:59 UTC 2007

 IE> This may be a silly question, but can't you just flush the cache on
 IE> delete so it has to fetch the window again?

on delete it not only flushes cache, but makes cursor uninitialized, as
required by documentation:

- Generic Function: elephant:cursor-delete cursor

Delete by cursor. The cursor is at an invalid position, and uninitialized,
after a successful delete.

so, next cursor-next will be actually cursor-first and start iteration from
start.

or course we can just ignore documentation and leave cursor where it is, so
cursor-next will continute iteration. but what's about other backends?