[elephant-devel] initialize-instance and deserialize

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Wed Dec 12 16:25:56 UTC 2007

Hi Sean,

This is a problem that Pierre was very interested in fixing.  Pierre?

I'm sure that something can be done to separate initial object
creation from object re-instantiation on deserialization.

As a quick hack, you can check for the validity of from-oid keyword
argument to initialize-instance to find out if this is a new instance
or a reconstituted one.  You might trace the various generic functions
to see the difference in behavior during new object creation and
deserialization as a start if you want to figure this out yourself.

I won't have any time to do any significant Elephant work until mid-to-
late January, if then.

Regards,
Ian