[elephant-devel] Metaclass documentation

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Fri Apr 13 20:52:50 UTC 2007

I'm in the middle of writing that section now.  I'll be sure to
document the lifecycle.  An instance is only initialized, I believe,
when it is not cached (i.e. if the UID is not in the cache, it then
creates a new instance) so on any given access you cannot guarantee
that it will or won't undergo initialization.  This can be
challenging to think through with regards to :transient slots.

Ian