[elephant-devel] Call for summaries of usage

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Mon Apr 2 18:28:22 UTC 2007

There is a new 'intro' tutorial in the manual, but no longer,
application-level tutorial like the old weblog example.  I have one
in mind and Robert has another example in mind but we haven't started
on it yet.  The more the merrier, so if you want to get started I'd
be happy to comment.

I was thinking it would be nice to do something a bit broader than a
weblog that showed off the various ways of querying objects.
Something like of an online notebook or scratchpad to which you could
e-mail or web-submit small nuggets of text, tagged with various
keywords and then have views into these nuggets based on various
query parameters.  Nuggets could be notes, techniques, blog entries,
etc.  Data could be marked public, private, or topic-specific, etc.

Also doing logging, reporting, statistics and stuff would be trivial
with elephant so I think all this could be done with very little code
(except the e-mail client thing, but there is a library out there
that implements a simple SMTP server)

Ian