[elephant-devel] Berkeley DB 4.4.20 Patch

Vladimir Sedach vsedach at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 17:48:40 UTC 2006

Hello,

I was working against HEAD circa late last week. I guess I should have
realized there might be some broken code in the repository. :) The
same tests passed before and after, so at least it doesn't look like I
broke anything new.

Since only the flag constants changed as far as the interface to BDB
is concerned, it wouldn't be a big problem to keep both 4.3 and 4.4
code around. However, I don't see any reason to do it. 4.4 fixes a ton
of bugs, and migrating to 4.4 (not that it would be a problem for
Elephant, as judging from this mailing list traffic no one uses the
BDB backend for anything important :)) is fully supported by BDB
itself.

I'll take a look around the TODO and hack on things as I have time.

As far as my platform goes, I'm running SBCL 0.9.16 on Linux on
Pentium IV and also sometimes (but not this time) AMD64 (with the same
32-bit binaries).

Vladimir