[elephant-devel] Concurrency problem?

Pierre THIERRY nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
Tue Oct 31 13:43:44 UTC 2006

I may have a problem with concurrency and elephant. I'm developing a web
application using SBCL and Araneida (with it's threaded listener).
Whereas araneida by irself doesn't seem to have problems dealing with
many requests at a time (I tested it with apache's benckmark tool, with
thousands of request, with from 1 to 16 concurrent requests to see how
it reacts), my application just collapses when 3 requests come in a very
short time.

I had an error I did not copied, which was about a persistent slot of an
object being unbound (but I know it should be bound when accessed at
this time), and when trying to access one more time my app, I end up
with this in the debugger:

While accessing database #<POSTGRESQL-DATABASE localhost/efco-immo/pierre OPEN {A80FB99}>
  with expression "SELECT value FROM keyvalue WHERE ((clctn_id = 0) and (key = 'FSAAAAAyAAAANAAAACAAAABUAAAASQAAAFQAAABSAAAARQAAAA=='))":
  Error NIL /
  has occurred.
   [Condition of type CLSQL-SYS:SQL-DATABASE-DATA-ERROR]

The database itself doesn't seem corrupted, as restarting the
application from scratch, with the same store, works well. For the
moment, I had to shield my app behind an HTTP cache so that requests are
basicaly served to the user by the cache instead of my app...

Concurrently,
Nowhere man
nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
OpenPGP 0xD9D50D8A