[elephant-devel] Elephant and inheritance

Pierre THIERRY nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
Wed Oct 11 14:23:42 UTC 2006

I'm happily using Elephant in a Web-based project right now, but I'm
getting annoyed by the behoviour of Elephant WRT inheritance. The
problem is that only direct slots of the class with the persistent
metaclass as metaclass are made persistent.

If I have the following classes:

(defclass foo ()
  ((bar)))

(defclass sub-foo (foo)
  ((baz))
  (:metaclass ele:persistent-metaclass))

Only the baz slot will be persistent. Is it impossible to gain advantage
of both inheritance and persistence, or am I missing something?

Curiously,
Nowhere man
nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
OpenPGP 0xD9D50D8A