[elephant-devel] trouble getting going (with open-store, ...)

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Thu Oct 5 14:21:42 UTC 2006

There are some patches pending for CVS which should remove the makefile
step.

I'm open to suggestions on the right way to provide parameters to the
build process for the C libraries and the load process for Lisp (where
are the foreign BDB libs and local libs).  We've tried to make
reasonable defaults for the various platforms, but if your BDB or SQL
libraries are not in the usual place then customization is needed.

There may be a few problems with CVS (although I use it daily) that
haven't been tracked down yet so if you run into non-configuration
related problems, please revert to using 0.6.0 and BDB 4.3.

Thanks for the help!  The next two weeks are busy for me, and then I
hope to get back to hacking properly on Elephant.

Ian