[elephant-devel] Problems create sleepycat.fasl

Malini Bhandaru malinibhandaru at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 20:34:38 UTC 2006

Hello All!

Sorry, I could not find a FAQ or past mailings to see if anyone ran into the same issues. I am a new comer to sleepycat, elephant, and a rusty lisper.

Environment:
SBCL on linux
BerkeleyDB 4.4 installed in /usr/local with a happy symbolic link to the same /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.

I installed "elephant-0.6.0" in my home directory and modified
1) config.lisp to point to /usr/local/BerkeleyDB (as opposed to 4.3 version)
2) Makefile  as above
3) made symbolic links to all elephant all .asd files t in my .sbcl/systems
4) grabbed cl-base64.asd and rt.asd from CLiki and put them in .sbcl/systems

(testmigration.fasl, package.fasl are created successfully)
Now, whether I attempt to run the tests or jump straight in .. there seems to be a problem with my sleepycat.fasl. This occurs when attempting to load "ele-bdb". If I attempt to continue in slime, the problem just bites later such as "sleepycat::db-env-create" is undefined or something else.

Much thanks
malini