[elephant-devel] Debian package available

Pierre THIERRY nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
Tue Nov 21 23:46:05 UTC 2006

Hi,

I finally built a Debian package for Elephant. It's not perfect yet, but
it seems to be already a good shape enough to be usable. There could be
one or two things to correct, that I discovered while packaging:

1 ) there are still some CVS dirs in the tarball, which I removed before
doing the real packaging (so they won't appear in the debian source
package).

2) I tried to just modify the Makefile and config.lisp, but changing
*clsql-foreign-lib-path* in the latter had no effect. I only managed to
successfully load the SQL backend if I modify ele-clsql.asd instead. I
wonder if I didn't understood something or if it was intended that the
change in config.lisp was all that's needed.

Previously, I just asdf-loaded cl-sql before opening the store, so I
wonder if the order in which things are done couldn't be changed to let
the CL-SQL package deal with how and where it finds its libraries.

With the package as it is, once installed, I ran the test suite with an
SQLite 3 store and it all succeeded, in SBCL.

I also tried with two stores, IIUC I have to set *default-spec* and
*test-spec-primary* to the same store and *test-spec*secondary* to
another. Then in INDEXING-TIMING, I get a bunch of repeated warnings
about *test-spec-primary* and *test-spec-secondary* being undefined

The packages, source and binary, can be fetched with the following
sources:

deb http://arcanes.fr.eu.org/~pierre/debian/ sid main
deb-src http://arcanes.fr.eu.org/~pierre/debian/ sid main

I have been proposed to join the cl-debian alioth project, and I hope
one of its DD will be able to sponsor my package soon.

Nightly,
Pierre
nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
OpenPGP 0xD9D50D8A