[elephant-devel] Pure-Lisp memutil?

Pierre THIERRY nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
Tue Nov 21 05:07:18 UTC 2006

Scribit Ian Eslick dies 20/11/2006 hora 20:38:
> Can you expand on your thinking as to why the user may want to turn
> off optimizations and by what mechanism you would suggest doing  that?

I'm only really worried by the safety declarations. It should be a
choice from the user to reduce safety, even for well-tested code.

> For production use the optimizations make sense.

Why not let the user choose it when in production?

> they're speed critical so it's reasonable to run them fast  and you
> can always turn that off by the above methods.

I can understand the rationale for declaring them so optimized. Are
there numbers about the speed difference with and without optimizations?

Curiously,
Pierre
nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
OpenPGP 0xD9D50D8A