[elephant-devel] Concurrency problem?

Pierre THIERRY nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
Mon Nov 6 13:40:23 UTC 2006

> > 2)  Depending on the demands of your application, you might be able
> > to put in a smaller number of higher-level mutexes
> I may try that first.

Well. I just did the opposite. ;-)

As all my use of Elephant was through classes with the persistent
metaclass, I tried to protect all methods of the slot protocol in
elephant/classes.lisp with a mutex.

I used the bordeaux-threads library, for this modification to be usable
on any multi-threading implementation instead of only one.

FWIW, since this patch has been applied to elephant 0.6.0 in my
application, there has not been any error. Of course, it slowed down the
application significantly, but as it's a web application behind a
caching proxy, that's no big deal in my case.

Quickly,
Nowhere man
nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
OpenPGP 0xD9D50D8A