[elephant-devel] License Discussion

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Wed Jan 25 01:30:36 UTC 2006

That's great to hear!  As Robert indicated, I think the real benefit is
to users of the SQL backend.  Also, if we write a lisp backend using the
current front-end metaclass and serializer then we'll (hopefully) have a
fully LLGPL library solution for persistent objects.  I think that makes
it much easier to build user community momentum.  License issues
ultimately kept much work from proceeding on PLOB and a couple of other
potential lisp persistent databases.

Ben & Andrew, thank you for your great work on the system to date!

Cheers,
Ian