[elephant-devel] secondary indices

Robert L. Read read at robertlread.net
Fri Jan 13 19:32:25 UTC 2006

It's not clear to me that it matters.

Going either direction will likely lead to a solution.  I would take
Andrew's advice,
since his hunch may have vailidity, and also because it is the first
failure in the test suite.

But the course of action would be the same:

1)  Take the test that fails, copy the code out of it into a separate
file where the RT
code won't obscure the problem.
2)  Instrument the code to find the earliest possible error; in this
case, that may be
the failure of that instantiation code to let you get to that slot, or
maybe some other slot.
3)  Whenever you want, I will take your test code and run it under SBCL.

In this way we should be able to relatively quickly determine the
important difference
between SBCL and OpenMCL.  Depending on what you find, I will likely
need Andrew's
advice on how to fix it.