[elephant-devel] Problem with Elephant and BTree access

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Thu Jan 5 22:01:29 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm starting to use BTrees in elephant and am encountering a problem.
Basically, I added a BTree object to the root under a key named
"EDI-834-TAPES". I can retrieve the BTree object, but when I try to
access a BTree element (whether to read or write), I get an error.
See below:

CL-USER> (in-package ele)
#<Package "ELEPHANT">
ELE> (open-store "testdb")
#<BDB-STORE-CONTROLLER #x8A5C816>
ELE> (setf tapes (get-from-root "EDI-834-TAPES"))
#<BTREE #x8A5805E>
ELE> (get-value 1234 tapes)
CL-USER> (in-package ele)
#<Package "ELEPHANT">
ELE> (open-store "testdb")
#<BDB-STORE-CONTROLLER #x8A5C816>
ELE> (setf tapes (get-from-root "EDI-834-TAPES"))
#<BTREE #x8A5805E>
ELE> (get-value 1234 tapes)

No applicable method for args:
(1234 #<BTREE #x8A5805E>)
to #<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION GET-VALUE #x84146AE>
    [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

Restarts:
   0: [ABORT-REQUEST] Abort handling SLIME request.
   1: [ABORT-BREAK] Reset this process
   2: [ABORT] Kill this process

Backtrace:
   0: (#<CCL::STANDARD-KERNEL-METHOD NO-APPLICABLE-METHOD (T)>
#<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION GET-VALUE #x84146AE>)
   1: (CCL::CALL-CHECK-REGS 'GET-VALUE)

Basically, the last statement (get-value) should return NIL since
there is not BTree element within the BTree object.

What am I doing wrong? I tried to "mimic" as close as possible the
steps in the Blog tutorial but keep getting to the same problem.

Thanks,
Waldo