[elephant-devel] Just checked in a change in how configuration is done...

Robert L. Read read at robertlread.net
Wed Feb 22 20:26:51 UTC 2006

Based on Ian's reorg, there is now a file called config.lisp that
is used to configure library locations.

(As of this moment, I am green in all but "INDEXING-REDEF-CLASS"
on both BDB and SQL, have not tried the migration tests, and believe
that there is a SQL bug that is not deleting classes correctly meaning
that you can't successfully run the SQL-backend tests twice.)

config.lisp looks like this:

;;  CLSQL BACKEND
;;  Make sure the libraries that CLSQL needs for a particular system
;;  are pointed to by these libraries.
;;  These values will be irrelevant if you don't use a CLSQL-based
backend.
(defparameter *clsql-foreign-lib-path* #p"/usr/local/share/common-
lisp/elephant/")

;;  BerkeleyDB
;;  Make sure the libraries that CLSQL needs for a particular system
;;  are pointed to by these libraries.
(defparameter *sleepycat-foreign-library-path*
       ;; Sleepycat: this works on linux
       #+linux
;;       "/db/ben/lisp/db43/lib/libdb.so"
       "/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.3/lib/libdb-4.3.so"
       ;; this works on FreeBSD
       #+(and (or bsd freebsd) (not (or darwin macosx)))
       "/usr/local/lib/db43/libdb.so"
       #+(or darwin macosx)
       ;; for Fink (OS X) -- but I will assume Linux more common...
;;       "/sw/lib/libdb-4.3.dylib"
       ;; a possible manual install
       "/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.3/lib/libdb.dylib")