[elephant-devel] Odd interaction between elephant and SBCL PCL/MOP

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Wed Feb 22 18:31:20 UTC 2006

After the reorg we're left with a couple of little annoyances.  One of
them deals with class redefinition interacting with indexing interacting
with SBCL's PCL/MOP under BerkeleyDB.  I want to see if anyone on the
list is more familiar with SBCL than I and might have an idea of where
this problem lies.  It's also one of those unpleasant bugs that only
show up in certain contexts.

1) Run indexing-reconnect-db standalone: passes fine
2) Run do-backend-tests: fails with one of two bugs:
    a) berkeley-db error (still tracking down exactly why there's an error)
    b) slot-boundp doesn't find slots that are clearly there and
readable by slot-value

I'm trying to isolate the problem but am short on time and SBCL
familiarity.  I am doing one funny thing in the tests to try to set
proper initial conditions for the test and that is wiping the reference
to the class via: (setf (find-class 'class-name) nil).

I can provide some more insights if anyone is willing to lend a bit of a
hand.  We're very, very close to 0.6.0 now I think.