[elephant-devel] Bug in classes.lisp effected Migrate5 in 0.5.0-rc1

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Sun Feb 5 23:18:40 UTC 2006

The slot-boundp-using-class function looks for slots with type eq to
'persistent-slot-definition and should be looking for any subtype of
that base type.  (i.e. under allegro the returned slot is a
persistent-effective-slot-definition and not 'persistent-slot-definition).

Also, the loop clause in slot-boundp-using-class under allegro (and
slot-makunbound-using-class) that operates on a symbol fails to return a
t value.  It appears that the 'finally' clause does not provide the loop
value which seems to jive with the loop spec.  Perhaps some loop
implementations allow finally to return but mine was unhappy depending
on that so I just did finally (return ...) which is unambiguous.

I checked in these fixes into HEAD-0.5.0-rc1 can can confirm that all
tests under Allegro 7.0 using BDB 4.3 and SQLite3 now pass.

Cheers,