[elephant-devel] Persistent indexing after restart

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Sat Apr 29 23:15:47 UTC 2006

If you define indexed objects like this:

(defclass my-persistent-class ()
  ((slot1 :accessor slot1 :initform nil :index t))
  (:metaclass persistent-metaclass))

or

(defclass my-p-class ()
    ((test1) (test2))
    (:metaclass persistent-metaclass)
    (:index t))

It will work.  The reason that it's not picking up on the fact that it's
persistent is that by default a new class definition is assumed to
supersede the existing database definition (so it properly adds or drops
slots, etc).

I'll see if there's a clean fix for the manual indexing usage model.

Ian