[elephant-devel] Release 0.6.0 pending

Pierre-François Gomez pef.gomez at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 20:53:35 UTC 2006

> This distribution has been tested under both SBCL and Allegro for both
> BDB and SQLite backends on Mac OS X.  I would like to see additional
> verification from others on this list before committing to a release.

I'm using sbcl 0.9.11 on linux, with the bdb backend, and it seems to work
fine.

I'm only starting to use it, however, so I didn't stress it very much, yet.

There's already a couple of things that bugged me :

- libpthread.so.0 is /lib/libpthread.so.0 on my system (gentoo), so I need to
  change the corresponding line manually in db-bdb/sleepycat.lisp. I think it
  would be a good candidate for a parameter in config.lisp

- open-store (and with-open-store) fails with a pathname in the controller spec.
  I attached the backtrace in case it is useful. It works fine with a
namestring,
  however.

> Documentation & Tutorials:
>
> If anyone here is a frequent user of Elephant, particularly the new
> 0.6.0 codebase, please review the documentation files for accuracy and
> clarity.  If we can fix any obvious snafus now that would be grand.

As I said, I'm just starting to use it, so if I see any obvious mistake in the
documentation during this week-end, I will report it here.

-- Pierre-François