[elephant-devel] Release 0.6.0 pending

Robert L. Read read at robertlread.net
Thu Apr 27 02:10:42 UTC 2006

Thanks very much, Ian.

Ian has put a lot of work into this release (both in absolute terms and
relative
the little that I have done.)  We should be really appreciative of his
work.
The automatic class indexing he wrote makes Elephant even more
convenient.

I have added to the new "contrib" directory an asdf package called "dcm"
for
Data Collection Management.  It is not threadsafe, and it is only
internally documented.
However, the code is pretty clear.  It implements the "director" or
"factory" pattern,
and includes a "generational" director that allow objects to be retired
to a slower
director.  It generally implements an in-memory database that allows you
to explicity
store things into Elephant.