[elephant-devel] SQLite 3 support - fixed

Robert L. Read read at robertlread.net
Tue Nov 22 15:50:33 UTC 2005

Dear Dan,
    Your patch works for me.
    By that I mean:
    1)  It doesn't break any of the existing tests,
    2)  It passes all of the tests except the migration tests (and that
is a bug in the way
I wrote the tests, almost certainly.)
    3)  Although I have not specific test for it, the problem of
treating "nil"s as unbound
was one that I had noticed and wondered about, it is very nice that you
have fixed it.

Unfortunately, your patch has revealed some weaknesses in my tests, and
also in
the way that I construct the controllers (as you no doubt noted, I had
hard-wired them to Postgres
with a comment, but your successful use of SQLite 3 now makes it
essential that I make
that more completely configurable.  Also, I have not yet gone through
your patch line-by-line,
but thanks to your debugging notes, I have every confidence that I will
accept them.

I have some questions for you:
1) I assume from you email that you did in fact migrate data from BDB to
SQLite 3?
2) Which LISP are you using?
3) Although I can reconstruct it, I would like a few lines that exhibit
the null/unbound
problem as you tested it, so that I can build a test case around it.
(This will save me
some time and give me more confidence.)

So again I thank you for this patch, and since I am on a roll I hope to
continue working
on this until I can get the branch properly released.