[elephant-devel] SBCL 0.9.1

Pupeno pupeno at pupeno.com
Sat Jun 11 16:53:45 UTC 2005

I wanted to try Elephant, I'm running SBCL 0.9.1 with unicode support, I know
the web site says it doesn't work, but I wanted to give it a try anyway, in
the fiveth or sixth Elephant-related command, SBCL crashed. I said "Ok, this
might be the bug" and I told my Gentoo Linux to compile SBCL without unicode
support, then, Elephant worked. But I started to had problems of random
crashes of SBCL (it crashed by itself at any time, alone), it seemd like a
SBCL-Slime problem, so I asked and I was replied, on #lisp, by Xach,
something like "There's no such thing as SBCL without unicode support
anymore". So, it seems my Gentoo Linux was doing something wrong with SBCL, I
recompiled with unicode support, and here I am, testing Elephant again
(without Slime), this is what happens:
$ sbcl
This is SBCL 0.9.1, an implementation of ANSI Common Lisp.
More information about SBCL is available at <http://www.sbcl.org/>.

SBCL is free software, provided as is, with absolutely no warranty.
It is mostly in the public domain; some portions are provided under
BSD-style licenses.  See the CREDITS and COPYING files in the
distribution for more information.
* (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :elephant)

; #P"/usr/share/common-lisp/systems/elephant.asd" into #<PACKAGE "ASDF3878">
; registering #<SYSTEM ELEPHANT {91A0629}> as ELEPHANT
; into #<PACKAGE "ASDF3881">
; registering #<SYSTEM UFFI {944CE59}> as UFFI
NIL
* (use-package "ELE")

* (open-store "testdb")

#<STORE-CONTROLLER {9AF8369}>
* (close-store)

NIL
* (open-store "testdb")

#<STORE-CONTROLLER {9BC1649}>
* (add-to-root "my key" "my value")

"my value"
* (get-from-root "my key")

""

Is this the bug to which the site refeers ? Is there some possible bugfix ?
maybe on CVS ? May the situation have changed with SBCL 0.9.x release ?
Thank you.
--
Pupeno <pupeno at pupeno.com> (http://pupeno.com)
Reading ? Science Fiction ? http://sfreaders.com.ar