[elephant-devel] Problem with Elephant on SBCL 0.8.17

Ben ben at medianstrip.net
Wed Jan 5 00:43:21 UTC 2005

i don't know how to turn off unicode in sbcl.  looking at the docs it
appears unfortunately that you have to rebuild sbcl to do so.  since
it is self-hosting this shouldn't be hard, with appropriate hardware.
i've never done it personally though.  you can try CMUCL as well, they
are very closely compatible for most uses.

take care, B