[elephant-devel] is initform evaluated?

Andrew Blumberg blumberg at math.uchicago.edu
Mon Feb 21 16:59:14 UTC 2005

hey walter,

 	this is a consequence of the fact that in the current release,
persistent slots are actually handed as class slots and so the
initialization semantics are wrong.  in the new release, we've moved to
using a nonstandard allocation type :database, which solves this sort of
problem.  the new release should be out "any day now", but if you're in a
hurry we could send you patches sooner, depending on your platform.

 							regards, andrew