[elephant-devel] running out of locks

Gábor Melis mega at hotpop.com
Fri Feb 18 22:51:57 UTC 2005

On Friday 18 February 2005 23:20, Ben wrote:
> have you tried using degree-2 cursors iterating over a btree?

I have. They work as advertised. I've already converted my
without-transactions to degree-2s.

> on adding lots of users: is there a reason why they have to be added
> all in one transaction?  can you break up the transaction into smaller
> chunks?

It's just a setup for performance/stress test. There is no reason other than
impatience to have them in the same transaction. However, I feel uneasy about
the varying number of locks needed. I don't understand it and wonder if there
are similar lock spots in the application.