[elephant-devel] Accessing persistant instances

Stefan Scholl stesch at no-spoon.de
Thu Feb 3 12:30:05 UTC 2005

Hi!

A little question to help me understand something:

NOTES says that "the current setup use one big btree table for
all slots of all instances of all classes, keyed on OID + Slot
ID".

Does this mean that accessing an instance doesn't read in the
whole object? Just the slots I read with the corresponding
accessor method?

E.g.: I have a class with 3 slots small1, small2, and big. Now I
iterate over one complete btree with map-btree and just print
small1  and  small2. Will slot  big  be read anyway?

Regards,
Stefan