[elephant-devel] can't get started: open-store fails with "Invalid argument"

Zach Beane xach at xach.com
Fri Sep 24 20:16:29 UTC 2004

I downloaded UFFI 1.4.26 and Elephant 0.2. I changed the path to libdb
to point to my /lib/libdb-4.2.so, which is part of the db4 package on
my system.

When I try (open-store "xach"), I get:

   debugger invoked on a SLEEPYCAT:DB-ERROR in thread 22150:
     Berkeley DB error: Invalid argument
   restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
     0: [ABORT   ] Abort handling SLIME request.
     1:            Reduce debugger level (leaving debugger, returning to
		   toplevel).
     2: [TOPLEVEL] Restart at toplevel READ/EVAL/PRINT loop.
   ("varargs entry for SLEEPYCAT:DB-ENV-OPEN"
    #<SB-ALIEN-INTERNALS:ALIEN-VALUE :SAP #X08276430 :TYPE (* T)>
    "xach"
    :JOINENV
    NIL
    :INIT-CDB