[elephant-devel] Sleepycat 4.3

Ben ben at medianstrip.net
Sat Nov 13 16:02:27 UTC 2004

This is mostly a reminder for myself.....

But Sleepycat 4.3 has come out, which means real sequences!  So the
next version of Elephant will need to work with it.  However this
probably means either

1) losing backwards compatibility with 4.2, or
2) some extra work for me conditionalizing a lot of stuff.

Is anyone out there wedded to 4.2?  I'd rather have Elephant track the
latest and greatest Sleepycat, and I'm a bit lazy and don't want to
maintain compatibility with a lot of legacy versions, unless it is
important to users.

(C'mon, upgrading isn't that hard!  And BTW updates of Sleepycat
usually come with migration tools.)

take care, B