[eclm] Startup opportunity for Common Lispers (located in Strasbourg, France)

Samir Sekkat ssekkat at gmx.de
Mon Oct 3 21:14:48 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

ECLM comment:
[As I am attending to the ECLM 2011 and hope to meet some of the lispers
who might start with us, I am sending it through this mailing list!
Sorry for double postings.]

happy to announce that another IT startup launched, using for the
backend Allegro Common Lisp, Prolog and AllegroGraph. On the front end
side we are using web technologies.

We are looking for a talented lisper who will contribute significantly
to our goal: to build the first highly flexible production system for
the agriculture market.

I have been involved myself several times in a startup environment. I
have never met such a startup with each role filed with a highly
qualified individual.

Beside hard work, it's really fun working here, and we are looking for
someone taking this challenge with us.

You will find below a more conservative job description. If it matches
your profile please contact us. If it doesn't match your profile but
you think that you can make a valuable contribution, please contact us
as well!

So far for today!
Samir Sekkat
mailto:sse at sekkat.eu

Agri-Esprit is a technology start-up company located in Strasbourg,
France, which develops a unique, highly flexible software supported
management system for agriculture world-wide. The system will
integrate all information relevant to farm management and provide
proactive support spanning strategic planning to day-to-day
operations. It will enable farm management and farm workers to make
better decisions and continuously improve their operations in order to
maximize productivity in a systematic manner while integrating
consumer requirements and environmental and social impact
considerations.

We are looking for Creative IT-Developers who are interested in
working with an international, multicultural team in an
entrepreneurial environment. Work experience is helpful but not a
requirement.

Requirements:
- Strong team player
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Willingness to work according to an agile development methodology,
inclusive of pair programming
- Degree in Informatics or similar
- Proficient in English; French a definite advantage, German helpful.

In-depth knowledge in one or more of the following fields is highly
appreciated (not ranked by importance):
- Common Lisp
- Functional programming
- GIS systems and/or spatial databases, ideally web based GIS
(Open-Geospatial, etc.)
- Graph databases
- IT security
- JavaScript
- Prolog
- User interface design

What we offer
- A full-time position according French legislation with a competitive
salary
- Performance based bonus
- Opportunities for professional development in an entrepreneurial
environment

--
Samir Sekkat
Independent IT Architect