[eclm] Lambda Express: travel from UK to Amsterdam for ECLM2011

Dave Fox davef at lispworks.com
Tue Jul 12 11:56:09 UTC 2011

hello all

3 of us from LispWorks are going to the European Common Lisp meeting
and will travel by train to Amsterdam on Saturday 22 October, probably
on the 08:57 Eurostar from London St Pancras via Brussels.

Would you like to travel with us?

If there's enough interest LispWorks could buy another "Lambda
Express" group ticket which would allow us all to sit together and
save a little money.

Please reply with expressions of interest, as soon as possible, and
definitely by the end of this week.

The minimum number for a group ticket is 10 people.

Journey details
---------------
We'll probably choose this outbound journey (Sat 22 Oct):

CBG       STP          ZYR       ASD
dep    arr   dep    arr   dep    arr
06:45  07:52 08:57  12:03 12:18  15:09

So we won't make the Saturday pm tour, but will be in plenty of time
to get to the evening meal.

If we buy a group ticket, we'll consult re details of the return
journey (Mon 24 Oct), before confirming the ticket.

Cost
----
A group ticket is 10% cheaper per person than if individual tickets
are purchased at the same time.

If we bought a group ticket (return, standard class) for 10 people
today, it would cost £93.50pp, whereas individual tickets are
currently £104. It's likely we'll actually pay slightly more, as
prices increase closer to the journey date.

If we buy a group ticket, travelling companions would pay us back at
cost, like we did for ECLM2008:

 http://www.lispworks.com/lambda-express.html

--
Dave Fox
LispWorks Ltd

LispWorks Ltd is registered in England, company number 5114963.  The
company's registered address is c/o Streets Whitmarsh Sterland LLP,
62 Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 1LA (but customers and suppliers should
write to our office address above).  LispWorks Ltd is registered for
VAT with EC VAT ID: GB 833329531