[eclm] Hotels in the vicinity of the one the ECLM is held

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Aug 19 14:27:12 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 3:09 PM, Erik Winkels<aerique at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> I initially mailed this question to Edi but that wasn't very nice of me (to heap all the work on his shoulders).
>
> Do any of the people living in Hamburg or anyone that has been there before know of other hotels in the vicinity of Hotel Hafen Hamburg (the one where the ECLM is held)?
>
> The quality doesn't really matter as long as I can get a room with my own bathroom and as long as I don't have to sleep with cockroaches in my bed.

I'm attaching below a reply that I recently sent to another ECLM
participant asking for hotels.

And here are two other hotels nearby:

  http://www.empire-riverside.de/
  http://east-hamburg.de/

I really wouldn't expect any cockroaches in one of these four... :)

HTH,
Edi (on vacation).

As someone who lives there, I obviously don't know much about
hotels in Hamburg, but by chance I just saw a hotel about a week ago
when riding there with my bike which offered rooms starting at 60
Euros.  It's in walking distance (five minutes) from the conference
and it's a typical chain ("Ibis") hotel, so there shouldn't be any
nasty surprises.  I haven't used it myself, though.

 http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-3680-ibis-hamburg-st-pauli-messe/index.shtml

And this one's also not far from the conference and doesn't seem to be
expensive.  Again, I haven't been there myself.

 http://www.zleephotels.com/english/