[eclipse-devel] How to access the running eclipse WM?

Christian Lynbech christian.lynbech at ericsson.com
Thu Feb 5 09:07:56 UTC 2004

Iban> Friedrich Dominicus wrote:
>> Well this might be easy to answer for you, but how to I access
>> eclipse from within cmucl? Let's say I want to get in contact with
>> eclipse to modify things like moving windows away, generatring new
>> windows adding extra functions etc.

Iban> If you mean when eclipse is running on a display, then just do in a
Iban> shell or in emacs:
Iban> telnet localhost 6789

Remember that you can can use the "C-u" prefix to ILISP or SLIME to
run the session from within either interface (just type the above
telnet command instead of the normal lisp command).

Also note that testing stuff from a telnet session can/will have a
rather infuriating 1 second delay on all CLX communication. There are
countermeasures I think, but I haven't got the expression at hand.

                             -- Christian