Example in ECL repository for static link

Thomas Teixeira thomas.teixeira at startmail.com
Mon Jun 19 15:34:39 UTC 2023

Hi !
Thanks for ECL, I've been learning CL for the past weeks and it's my favorite
implementation so far ! Would love to contribute one I've the required skills
:))

I'm trying to create a small script that'll allow users to recreate a mail
thread inside a virtual maildir box. I would like to use ECL for that script but
the project which this script will belong to ([fruitslegumes][1]) is focused on
using no dependencies.

Because of this constraint, I only ever used POSIX-shell/C99 to build those
scripts
I would love to use ECL as programs can be compiled down to machine code, which
can be `upx`-ed, but users would have to install their ecl package.

I managed to statically link libecl with a simple script, but it gets harder for
me when trying with the example-with-dep program.
I saw in a previous thread of this mailing list that statically linking ECL
makes asdf unusable. Is that still the case ?
Would it be possible to either provide an example (if what i'm asking is even
possible) or talk in more depth about ecl being statically linked ?

Regards,
Thomas.