Compiling a binary that uses quicklisp

Brandon Hale bthaleproductions at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 23:20:23 UTC 2023

Hello all,

I apologize if this is either the wrong place to get help with ecl, or
if this is asked all of the time. I've written a small replacement for
i3status with common lisp and want to use ecl to make a binary so when
i3wm loads, it just loads the cl-i3status binary. I've looked at the ecl
documentation online and it suggests doing something like this:

(ql:quickload :cl-i3)

(asdf:make-build :cl-i3

                  :type :program

                  :move-here #P"/home/brandon/Programming/lisp/cl-i3/"

                  :prologue-code '(require 'asdf))

So, I run this and the binary appears. However, when I try to run it, I
get this output:

;;; Computing Hangul syllable names
Condition of type: MISSING-COMPONENT
Component "str" not found

Available restarts:

1. (RETRY) Retry ASDF operation.
2. (CLEAR-CONFIGURATION-AND-RETRY) Retry ASDF operation after resetting the configuration.

Top level in: #<process TOP-LEVEL 0x557ade1c2f80>.

I imagine it is just because of my use of quicklisp packages, but how do
I compile the packages into the binary?

Thank you very much for any help you can offer,

Brandon Hale