Considering resignation as maintainer

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Sun Jan 9 21:53:46 UTC 2022

I have discovered that Stas Bokuraev is continuing to refuse to update
Edi packages to modern ASDF system-naming.

This would not be bad in and of itself, because these are open source
systems, and they can be forked.

What *is* bad is that he has publicly stated that he is doing this
hoping that the resulting warnings will break people's systems and thus
cause them to get angry and complain to me about ASDF checking system
names.

What is even worse is that the CL community tacitly accepts this as
normal behavior.

I would like to see the CL open source community pause and consider what
constitutes a healthy community.  I don't believe that someone trying to
break things in order to pressure a volunteer maintainer of
infrastructure is something that a healthy community should accept.

If the community prefers a more rough-and-tumble approach, I can accept
that, but if so it's time for the community to find an ASDF maintainer
who is more in harmony with the values it (at least implicitly)
espouses.